Help! how do I get my 22 month old to stop calling DH by his first name?

DD Suddenly started calling my husband Paul instead of Daddy, now now she keeps asking "where's Paul" or "Hi Paul".I know she learned this from me, I correct her and say Not Paul, say Daddy... and it's not helping. One time she even started to cry!

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start calling you DH Dad or daddy. Then your daughter will hear that and she will start calling him that. She just learned that was his name. :) Good Luck. I think its kind of cute :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Call him daddy!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yeah I guess I should... but that's so weird!. LOL I'll have to remember not to do it in public or I will definitely be getting some funny looks.
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Keep talking to her about Daddy and referring to him as Daddy. she will get it. Unless she figures out that it is cute to call him Paul and it gets a reaction.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Heh, my 2 year old does that on occasion.... He's just imitating me. I actually start laughing, I think it's cute. He knows who his daddy is, so I really don't worry about it too much.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't think this is a big deal, it will blow over as quickly as it started and you'll be on to another issue.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• lol my 22 month old daughter called my hubby "babe" this morning LOL. we both laughed it was funny. but i know when he comes home from work she'll say "yaddy!!!!!" she can't say Daddy yet. anyway i agree with the others who say call him daddy now everytime you're around her. they just love to copy everything they hear and see =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yep, you will need to start calling him "dad" or "daddy" to get her back on track.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Most kids that age do call their parents by their name. they hear others calling them..they copy them--it will pass on it's own, it's just something little kids/ babies go through :'-)
    HaloSue

Answer by HaloSue at 7:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My DS calls his dad Nick in a funny voice or he will say nick da da nick dada so he knows nick is da da. I have a hard time remembering to call him daddy or da da instead of his name too lol. But thats what works;) I think it's kinda cute.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010