Behavioral Problems with my 4 and 7 year old boys HELP!

It seems like as long as I can remeber anymore my boys have been destructive and disrespectful to me, I dont know what to do anymore. They also NEVER get along it seems like. They get physical with one another and I just can't take it any longer. I realize boys fight but this is not how I imagined my son's growing up together. I am at a breaking point and just need some advice. I spoke with my husband who says that they are just normal kids. Today for instance my youngest son ripped all the papers I had on our bar and threw them all over the living room and then they both got into the vaseline and had it all over there hands, all over the bathroom etc. After cleaning them up I sent them out to clean up the living room because thats where all the papers where, they did do it but then after they did they started to fight and when I try to correct them its like I get one calmed down and then the other starts and so forth.

Npace0108

Asked by Npace0108 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are you sure you aren't at my house?? This totally describes by 5 & 7 yr. old boys. They are driving me nuts!!! They do the same things, they are so destructive it's crazy..if it can be broke or tore up they will do it. And fight with each other...omg..it's all day every day...if they do manage to get along it never last before one picks a fight with the other. Don't have any advise but i'm sendin hugs you're way to let you know you are not alone and hopefully someone who has been thru this will have some good advise for us. Btw i'm grandma so i'm 48 yrs. old, my husband is 54 and we've had the boys legally for 3 yrs. but physically about 5.
    oosgrandma

Answer by oosgrandma at 6:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Haha! Definitley helps to hear I'm not alone. But it is like a mad house around here all of the time! My husband nor I can seem to get them to calm down, my husband yells and screams then we finally get the quiet. But now it seems that is how they are talking when they get angry and I tell my husband I dont want them to act like this. I feel like all we do is yell in this house and I'm constantly telling the boys to just talk not yell. And my 7 year old still throws ungodly tantrums. My 4 year old does as well and he screams about everything. I feel like I'm going crazy!! BTW Awesome of you to be raising your grandchildren. I was also raised by my grandparents.
    Npace0108

Comment by Npace0108 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010