Have you ever had a near death experience?

Have you ever felt you have died crossed over and was sent back? Just curious I have never had anything like that happen to me.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh, dullscissors - I am a huge LOTR nerd! I loved your analogy!

I have never had that experience, but have heard stories from people who have. How do we explain people being dead, having a vision of heaven, then coming back and repeating what was said over their dead bodies in the O.R.? Dead people do not dream.

Some people say that because they did not have a vision of the afterlife, that proves that there is no God. If our personal experiences are solid proof, wouldn't that mean that the person who has a vision of heaven has proven that there is a God? I tend to think that not everyone who dies and is revived has any sort of vision. Maybe it is something given to a select few for whatever reason. If we come back from the dead, either God has more work for us to do, or He is being merciful, not allowing us to be lost at that particular moment.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i was in a roll over car accident got hit by a drunk driver my dh had some cuts an brusies but i have asthma an i stopped breathing an my heart stopped an they had to bring me back
    Tryingforbaby1

Answer by Tryingforbaby1 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• During back surgery in 1999.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i never actually died and had to be revived. but i felt like i was when i gave birth to my second. it was an emergency c-section and i swear even with the epidural there was so much blood coming out that i felt like i was peeing all over myself. i could just feel myself getting more and more tired and struggling to stay awake. maybe i wasnt dying, maybe i was just on the verge of passing out from bleeding so much. either way, it was scary as hell! and i felt the cutting, sewing up and EVERYTHING!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i think mine was all drug-induced hallucination, during my CS. i remember feeling like i was falling, and when i 'looked' down into my fall, it was like a never-ending fire pit.
    i didn't think it was Hell (hahaha..y'know, how some 'think' they see Heaven)..i thought it was like the inside of a volcano..like in LOTR when the ring gets dropped, and Frodo freaks out.
    that said, i don't believe in stories of 'dying' and being brought back from whatever is beyond. i think its more of a dream-like..hallucination, or just your mind doing what it does best..play with you.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• does having my chopper getting shot at in Iraq count?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes, refer to the previous exact same question asked earlier today.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010