horrible confession

please tell me Im not the only one...

I have a wonderful in tact family with a great husband who is active in the kids lives and a great example of a man. But there are days these dang teens wear me down SO much emotionally that I wish I was divorced just so I could have days away from them. The thought of only having them every other week some times seems like it would be so wonderful... for me. Selfish, horrid, rude, and flat out a rotten thing for a mother to think.. I know... but I think 2 yr olds are easier than teens. It is CONSTANT with teens.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Two year old can be discipline better than teens, and are not defiant.

Answer by older at 6:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• maybe you should see a doctor about depression i know thats a crucial age and i cant imagine how my mother put up with me my daughter is 2 and i can only imagine when she gets to be a teen ill probally be on every medication avaliable to cope sad to say but so true.
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You are not horrible. You are just daydreaming about what is a nightmare right now.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• honestly, I can relate in a way. I have a child with autism. His father and I are divorced and sometimes, I am so grateful for those weekends he spends with his father.
    My older sons weren't bad as teens, so i can't comment from them, but I see what my sis goes thru with her 14 year old daughter. That girl is a major drama queen and down right pain in the ass. I think I might feel that way if she were my child as well. Just hang in there

As my mom always says
    Her grandchildren are her reward for not killing us when we were teenagers.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Hang in there, teens do grow up and then you will be wondering why the house is so quiet.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You are not a horrible Mom, you sound worn out and in need of a break. Are you able to get away for the day or even over night just to recoup yourself? You need a night out with the girls to have fun and have a few drinks. Can you make that happen? I think you would benefit greatly from it.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• you are not horrible-I think of it too. It is hard to not take personal all the teen crap. I find myself pretending to be just the hired help.
    keepswimming

Answer by keepswimming at 6:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• hang in there!! ur a great mom! it could always be worse! my bro is 17 been arrested 2 times for pot, dropped out of school monday, doesnt have a job, and one of his many girlfriends just found out she is pregnant! be thankful ur not my parents!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You are not horrible, I feel the same way.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You aren't the only one!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010