nap time??

dose your 2 year old still take naps?? my daughter seems to never want to take a nap and when i lay her down for one she throws a big fit.... help ?

Kenziesmomma558

Asked by Kenziesmomma558 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes my two year old takes a nap everyday i make her feel comfortable like its bed time i lay her down fill her sippy cup up and thats it sometimes she does give me problems like today she didnt want to take a nap so i let kick and scream until she finally fought herself to sleep
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• also get her on a scedule im a stay at home mom so she useally wakes about 8a.m takes a nap around 12:30 and is ready for bed at 8 again
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yeah my daughter use to be on a set schedule but as she got older she grew out of it.. and i'm trying to wig her off the sippy cup ..which isn't fun at all.
    Kenziesmomma558

Comment by Kenziesmomma558 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I HAVE A 3 YR OLD AND SHE STILL TAKES NAPS, SHE WILL BE 4 IN APRIL, WITHOUT ONE SHE IS CRANKY BY 6PM
    candice0521

Answer by candice0521 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my 4 year old still takes naps. quiet time is important for everyone no matter the age.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My two gave up their naps at the age of 2
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i love nap time ... i'm a stay at home mom and gives me time to for myself .. i just wish my daughter loved it as much as i do LOL. i guess i just need let her throw her fits ... and try not to feel bad about it.
    Kenziesmomma558

Comment by Kenziesmomma558 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My son is two and he's basically gave up naps a couple months ago. Occasionally he'll sleep in the car on a long car ride, but that's rare since I try to be home during his usual nap time. I've been trying to get him used to the idea of 'quiet time' for about an hour a day. The only things in his room are a few books and a couple stuffed animals, so his choice is quiet play or go to sleep. Some days he seems fine with it (but never goes to sleep) and other days he throws a fit or keeps calling for me to come back in there. I definitely miss him taking regular naps!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my son hates naps he'll take them in the car around like 5-7 if im driving but other than that nope no nap
    mayg88

Answer by mayg88 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My son will be 2 in march. He takes naps some days, only when he is super cranky, and NOthing satisfies him, I just put him in his bed, he pouts and shouts for about 5 mins, then he goes to sleep for about an hour then he's all charged up lol.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2010