Do you think unemployment is PA?

I don't believe it is. PPL has to pay taxes on it and the employer is the one that pays into it
I heard from some ppl that they beleive it is a handout so it is consider it is PA.

1Giovanni

Asked by 1Giovanni at 6:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not really, that money was taken out of your pay check for when you needed it.

Answer by older at 6:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• NO
    candice0521

Answer by candice0521 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• of course not
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• NO
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No in no way is it. However, I think what some people are looking at is the fact that there are literally thousands of people right now who have been on unemployment for several years. That's far too much. There are jobs out there. Sure, you may have to move to find them, but they are out there!
    Anonymous

• i've never heard of unemployment for several years. here in my state, you can only receive it for 2 years and you have to be actively seeking work. the unemployment office will even help you find a job if you aren't having any luck. and believe me, the allottment isn't much.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Off subject but money is taken out our check for PA so if we find ourselves needing it, we shouldn't be made to feel so ashamed.
    Anonymous

• No, unemployement is NOT PA- You & your employer pay into it, each pay schedule -it's to protect you if you loose a job!
    HaloSue

Answer by HaloSue at 7:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't consider it PA at all. Unemployment is a) funded by employers, not the government, and b) only given to those who have lost their job through no fault of their own. It's designed to help workers make ends meet until they get another job, they also provide assistance in finding a job.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Unemployment is not PA.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010