Did you have a baby shower?

I'm asking...because I have three children and not one person threw me a baby shower (it has been awhile since I was preg) but I started thinking about it for some reason. My Sis in law and I were expecting our babies at the exact same time, she was thrown a huge shower by hubbys family, but when it came to me, they did nothing, nor did anyone else

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry, Same here! I throw AWESOME baby showers but when it came down to mine I had to do my first and my second never happened. If you were here I would of thrown you one :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, I had one for my first son. I was 17 years old and it was a huge party with a lot of visitors 10 days after he was born. I also had a small shower thrown with my second son because it had been 8 years since I had my first. I didn't have anything left and my cousin put something together. But not my third. I wouldn't have wanted one for him anyway! I'd had enough! Seems strange you never had a shower, especially for your first babe.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes, we had two..one given by dh's family (which ALL family was invited to), and one given by my bffs (for friends).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes, I had two showers. My first daughter. Many years (8) later a second shower-Given by friends--- was a BIG surprise. I never expected it..I was living far away from family, another State.
    HaloSue

Answer by HaloSue at 6:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• For my current pregnancy, I didn't have a shower. My first son is 3 and we have everything we need for our pending little boy. My co-workers did have a nice lunch for me though, as with my husband's co-workers.
    beckster_01

Answer by beckster_01 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes for my first which was a girl and im 35 weeks prego with my little boy and my shower is saturday but my mother put both of mine together that must of been hard haveing to buy everything for a little one plus already having kids you had to take care of
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I did have a baby shower when I was expecting my twins. I had two, actually. One was a surprise thrown by my co workers, and one was thrown by my mom.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I had a large baby shower for my first born, 13 years ago. When I was pregnant with my second child, 11 years ago, I did not have a shower nor did I expect one. With my third child, almost 3 years ago, I had two showers; one that my friends threw and one that my DH's family threw.

When children are born close together, it's not traditional to have a shower for the second/third child. When they are several years apart I believe the second shower is more common.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I am so sorry this happened to you. It is one of the most fun things about welcoming a baby into a family. I did have a shower for my first pregnancy, but not my second.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My husband and sister threw my shower. I don't think it would have happened at all if it wasn't for my sis.
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010