do you think looking up guy on the internet ,but not talking to them ( or finding them ) is a form of cheating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• that depends..if your man was looking up a girl on the internet, but not talking, would you consider that cheating?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think it depends on your intentions. Or the history with that person. I mean, I wouldn't call it cheating, but if you are looking up an ex-boyfriend that you had deep feelings for, it doesn't seem right. Are you still having some feelings? Why look them up at all and not just let it go? I don't know- leave the past in the past, unless you're not wanting to forget about it, then you'll need to address issue in your current relationship.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I feel like if you feel you have to hide it, whatever "it" is, you are doing something wrong. So, if you are open about it, and your partner is comfortable with it, then no. It would depend on your relationship, to me anyway.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• um no, unless you were looking for him to bang him.
    Anonymous

• HELL no. if you're that insecure in your relationship, it is time to move on... If you don't have trust, it is time to move on. I am so sick of people accusing their SOs of cheating over every little thing. OMFG, get over it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• not cheating but depending on the guy if its right or wrong, I once looked up a boyfriend that i dated before i met my husband but my husband knew about him but anyways i looked him up on facebook and boy that did not fly over well my husband found it in the history
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• What were you gonna do IF you found them?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It depends on your intentions... If you're just looking out of boredom, for shits and giggles, no. But if you're actually LOOKING, then yes, at least the INTENT to cheat is there. If you were happy in your relationship, you wouldn't feel the need to look, would you?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No. I you're just looking up someones Facebook or something, just to see what they'e doing, but not trying to reconnect or talk to them, and don't plan on regularly Facebook stalking them lol I don't think there's anything wrong with it. That person isn't even going to know you "saw" them.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No, but probably not a good idea.
    mamamona

Answer by mamamona at 7:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010