almost 9 month old wont take a good nap anymore???

Caroline used to take a nap twice a day for 2 hours each time! but all this week she only naps for 45min and is still fussy and rubbing her eyes but she wont sleep! i make sure she is full, has a clean diaper before i put her down! no one is in the house to wake her but me and im as quite as a mouse i swear! and i know she is sleep she rubs her eyes and is so fussy she cries at everything!! how do i get her to take naps again???

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My ds did this too, eventually I figured out that he was trying to cut himself down to one nap a day. Once I cooperated with his goal (lol) and did a little sleep training, he was fine. His nap was usually around 11am and lasted about 3 hours.

One suggestion though...DO NOT be quiet as a mouse during nap time. It will serve no other purpose than to create a light sleeper. Obviously, don't be obnoxious about it, but don't be afraid to make noise. I went to great lengths to make sure that my ds could sleep through anything. Including firecrackers being lit right outside of his bedroom window on the 4th of July. :)
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 7:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Try shorter naps more times a day. Thats whay I had to do with my son...it kinda sucked but it worked lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• She is probably just adjusting her napping schedule and figuring it all out. Keep putting her down and you guys will figure out the new nap time! :D Has she learned a new skill recently? Standing up, pulling herself up, crawling? Sometimes that can make it harder for them to sleep.

My 11 month old JUST started rolling over (I know - late). He crawls like crazy, but the rolling over is disturbing his sleep during naps and at night! He will roll over in his sleep and then automatically sits up - which wakes him up and he won't go back to sleep!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Could you possibly be ready to go to one nap a day? It's early compared to my kids but I wonder if that could be the problem. I know moms who have said there 10 month olds were taking only one nap. Just an idea...........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Oh, and my ds was 9 months old when he dropped down to one nap.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 7:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010