What to do why everything doesn't work anymore?

We have tried everything to discipline our daughter and nothing is working. She destroys everything in her path. We have been consistent and still she just smiles an evil little grin and does what she pleases. I am scattered and don't know what to do.

Maggie577

Asked by Maggie577 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At this age it is very hard to get through to her. I would say try to time out thing. Everytime she does something she is not suppose to put her in a time out, if she gets out put her right back. If that does not work, try positive reinforcement. Set up a calendar and every time she does something good let her put a sticker on it. After "X" number of stickers let her do something fun.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• She is enjoying the attention she is getting. I do not have any magic answers, just keep at it. Show displeasure.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I did this. I put thing I did not want my child to break or tear up,, out of their reach. Tell they got to an age where they did not break or tear up things. Easy and simple.

Answer by louise2 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Good luck my son does it to.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I always give them time out (Must be out of sight) like in an EMPTY play pen for 3-5 minutes. Unless they are doing something dangerous, like.. playing with an outlet, or something like that, then I spank. IDK how you feel about spanking, but the thing is it can't be too hard obviously, but it can't be to easy either bc then they wont take you serious, and if that be the case, you are only teaching them to hit. You have to find a medium. Good Luck.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thanks ladies, we do spank and she laughs at me. Both my kids have a high pain tolerance. I laugh at my dad too when he spanked me. She doesn't care about time outs, we have been doing then since she was 11mo. old. I guess the only thing is keep trying and maybe when she is 20yrs old it will work,lol. IDK, the calendar was a good suggestion, I will try that. Thanks again:)
    Maggie577

Comment by Maggie577 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2010