Contraction Help!

I've been going through these for days, the hospital gave me brethine to stop them. They've only gotten worse and soo much more painful. It does seem like they are more frequent at night though, is this normal? I think I'm going to call the doctor, I don't want to wait for my water to break to go to the hospital if my body is registering in every other way that I might be ready....should I?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? I would call your doctor if you're less than 37 weeks. If the contractions are not consistent they could just be Braxton Hicks. But call your doctor and tell him/her what's going on with you just to be safe. Good luck!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would call anyways. My friends just had her baby at 35 weeks and I think it was b/c she didn't call the doc in time to stop them again. On the good side, her baby was fine! She had to stay in the NICU for a few extra days but that's it.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2008