Where do you HIDE your kids X-mas presents?

I have theirs hidden in my closet and in a tub in the garage. :) Maybe you have better ideas :)

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• I gave up on hiding them as my kids got older. I wrap them immediately, as I buy them, but I give each of my boys a fake name for the tags on their packages, so that they don't know which gifts are theirs. Only their Dad and I know who has which name......One year they were Huey, Dewey and Louie, one year Curly, Moe and Larry. I make sure that I tape the gifts really well (packing tape, and tie them good so they can't peak. They're old enough now that they really don't want to ruin their own Christmas.

This year I'm thinking Chandler, Ross and Joey...no that won't work, one of my sons real name is Joey...hmmmm I'll have to try again!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have a storage room right above my kitchen ceiling, the only to it is with a 7 foot ladder, I use to hide it there when my kids were small, it was exhausting! but now, I just stuff them in my closet, no one is searching any more....

Answer by older at 7:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• in our hide away closet in the bathroom, that kids don't know we have
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well, most of the time when I didn't have anywhere to hide them, I used layaways. Back in the day, you could actually pick them up on Christmas Eve! I have also used family member's houses and also work to hide the gifts.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• sorry but I don't have any better ideas I always kept them in the closet
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I hide them in my closet as well. They aren't allowed in there so it's safe.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I hide them in my closet or under the bed. We have a "No kids allowed in the parents bedroom" rule - it works great!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I hide them in the crawl space in there room that has a door that locks. and in the shower in the basement which also has a lock on the door. in the past I have kept them under my bed.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• we have a huge closet beside our bedroom. we changed the doorknob to one that locks to keep them from going in there during the holiday season
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My daughter has a a bunch of cousins around her age so I tell her that the presents are for them and that I have hidden hers till Christmas. It works because we all buy all the kids the same things so we all do it and the kids haven't caught on (the oldest is only 6 so it's just a matter of time lol) It works out great because if I see something on sale and my daughter is with my I can just say wow, I bet Kylee would like this for Christmas, should we get if for her? Plus, I always know she will like what she gets.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010