Guess what, I'm going in for therapy!

I got pregnant while in the military in '91. Soon after (to make things worse), my MOS went on a freeze. Since then, I have struggled as a single mother, dischared honorably. People still don't understand how horrible my life has been, even to the point that I still wish that I had given the daughter up (she's beautiful) in order to get back into the military. But I made a stupid mistake of listening to my mother to keep the little girl. Since then, I have been laid off three times, had to work more than one job at a time. And also was very disrespected by other military folk (didn't share their statis quo), by my family (mostly mother and father), and jobs where I tried to get veteran's preference (but was compared to those served 10yrs or longer).

Today I just snapped. I am tired of sleeping in my car, not finding a sustainable job, tired of military saying they have it harder. Therapy for me

Thoughts?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 7:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• Its always nice to have someone to listen to you and not judge. I think its a good idea if you are able to afford it. May I ask where the hell the dad is?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Not to forget, I had an abortion two years ago that I deeply regret. But it's the same nightmare if income instability.
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Its hard right now and being a single mom makes it harder. I would see someone so you can vent. If nothing else at least it will make you feel a little better. If you can afford it, that is.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The dad of my daugher stayed in the military for a short while until his MOS went on a freeze, then went into the reserves. He got remarried and got a nice job in Atlanta. He has called me a loser number of times.
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Often there are social services (possibly even mental health therapy) for low income folks. Also try the VA--not as bad as many would lead you to believe. Swallow your pride and go in there to see if you qualify. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY, no matter how short-lived!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, I have a way to pay for the therapy visits. I have been already been diagnosed with PTSD (not from the military, but from real life afterwards) and dysthymic depression (from real life outside again). Life's been that hard
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Then you need to go to theapy! Good Luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• good luck ((((hugs))))
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Good luck to you!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It's very hard to transition from military to civilian, particularly if you were not discharged on your own terms. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2010