What are the best shoes to wear to prevent me from slipping at work?

I'm pregnant and clumsy :-/ I work at a movie theater and there's always either soda or butter on the floor. It's a hazard for me and I've already had some slippage, luckily no falls though. I just want to know a good shoe that will be worth buying because I can't waste my money on something now worth my while, times are hard right now :(

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 7:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Shopping

• Go to a uniform shop where they sell scrubs for nurses and pick up a pair of nursing shoes. They are the best. And they can be cute, the styles have changed over the years.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My fiance used to be a chef, and he swears by Dansko shoes.... Not only do they apparently prevent slippage, but they are also super comfortable for people who are on their feet all day.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• agree with the nursing shoes or find some good restaurant shoes..they usually sell them at shopko and payless.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Crocs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I dont know the name of them, but walmart sells shoes that are about $25, the are for waiters/waitresses or cooks, they are slip resistant. I work in a deli and that is what we all wear. (altho now our company sells shoes for crews so we can order them from the catalog)

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 8:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Shoes for Crews. I have had a pair of shoes from them since 2008, still work great and look great.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 12:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Payless might sell some of those non-slip soled shoes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• some dansko and even nurse shoes
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• skechers sells great non skid shoes and they are super comfy and great for being on your feet all day
    MLH92108

Answer by MLH92108 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I worked at two theaters between the ages of 16 and 21 and wore Doc Marten's for both theaters. Dr. Scholl's also has some great non-slip shoes. I'd go one step further and get them steel-toed. You really don't want the top of the popper to land on your feet; that sucks.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2010