what should i tell her?

My daughter is only two but her dad is african-american and i am mixed with caucasion and latina already iv had to feel out paper work and i have no idea what to fill in most places dont give you a other or mixed i always filled in caucasion because it got me further in life sad to say but so true and im not sure what i should tell my daughter we are not ashamed of our ethnics and dont want her to be frustrated by it eaither.

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• not sure how true this is or not but i heard from my firend. she is white with 3 babies. the father is black. on all 3 birth. and she said since they are mixed they automaticly have to be considered black on any paperwork. even tho 2 of them are white. she brought it up bc thats what is on their birth cerficates. but like i said i dont know how true it is. oh yea and also my sister-in-law has this book that was written by her old boss. she got it published and everything. anyway her boss is white and has 2 grandbabies that are mixed. the book was about them not being just about a color but as them being themselves that color didnt matter and didnt make them who they truely are. it was a very beautiful book. anyways your daughter is no different than anyone else. just tell her she is special just for being her!!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would think you could put any one of the answers, all apply. Pick the one that everyone is more comfortable with, and go with it. You can teach her about her ethnicity at home in a more relaxed environment. You can be loud and proud without having to voice it to everyone vocally on paper, she wears it eternally with confidence. Everyone is a mixture of something, a little this, a little that. Culture is a beautiful thing, she'll embrace it. She's the best you ever created. Have a blessed day!
    tinanichols

Answer by tinanichols at 1:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010