What a sweetheart! What's the sweetest thing your child has ever done?

I babysit for a 3 mo old baby who was spitting up all the time til her mom recently changed her formula and she'd spit up all over her blankie and I asked my 10 yr old if we had any smaller blankets for her to use. (The baby still likes to be wrapped up.) My 10 yr old came back to me with something behind her back. I asked what was up. She says "She's just borrowing it, right?" I said "yes, you will get it back. We may have to wash it if she gets it dirty, but you will get it back." She produced her OWN baby blankie. Now, mind you - this kid would NEVER let anyone touch it!
Truly this act of kindness from her, made me tear up!!

What's the sweetest thing your kid has done?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• AAWW!! How cute! No stories to share today but how sweet of her.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• A couple of nights ago hubby had band practice and I had a meeting to go to. One of hubby's bandmates brings his kids (4 and 8 - same span as my two, just younger). Our older daughter (15) spent the evening taking care of them since I was gone. When I got home she was sitting on the couch and asked me to me to sit by her. When I sat down she gave me a hug and told me she didin't know how I did the mom thing every day, but she was so glad I did. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No stories of my own to share tonight but how sweet.
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My DS is only 4 months old, but he made me smile big time the other day. He was hanging out with a little friend, lying together on a blanket on the floor. Her mom and I were in another room doing something and she started crying. When we came back in the room, my little one had rolled on his side, had one little hand on her shoulder, one on her arm, and seriously looked like he was trying to comfort her.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010