How do your kids eat their Halloween candy?

My daughter came home with a crazy amount of candy last night. How does everyone let their kids eat their candy? A little at a time, a lot over a few days? I let my daughter eat quite a bit last night when she got home, and this morning she is already begging me for it, and I'll probably let her eat quite a bit for snack today too. I just want to throw it away so I don't hear about it and don't have it tempting ME! lol.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I pretty much let them "have at it" the first night, but after that it goes in a community bowl and gets rationed out-- three pieces a day. What they don't know, I send a quart size bag everyday to work with my hubby and the guys there eat it! I keep expecting them to notice, but they've gotten so much, they never do! Usually, after about the first week, the kids forget about it and quit asking for it.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yeah, mine managed to sneak a few at Grandma's house and thankfully I took the candy away. I keep them away from them and only give it sparingly, my boys need sugar like I need another hole in my head!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It was Halloween!!! I let them eat as much as they wanted, they worked for it. And today the stuff they don't like gets traded or tossed in the snack bowl....SO will eat it.
    I look at it this way...the kids don't get candy very often so come Halloween, Christmas, and Easter they can go a little crazy. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Mishelly728 -- That's an awesome idea. I'll have to remember that when my son's old enough to eat candy (he's 5 1/2 mos)... and if I ever find a hubby. Haha.
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 11:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My rule is that my kids can eat as much as they want on Halloween, but starting the day after they only get one peice. Most of the rest of it is taken to my husband's work or given away at parties.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 12:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• my kids are 3 & 4 so i only let them have 5 pieces last night this morning they had 2 after they ate breakfast and later ill let them have more. its gonna last a while.
    Anonymous

• my son is a good age this year cause after we got home i raided the candy and took out stuff that i could maybe use later for treats for potty training and such. otherwise i let him have a piece last night and then he might get one every other day or so. if its not out he wont remember it. he did get a crap load but hubby, my brother and parents went through and picked some out and i will in the next few weeks...lol
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008