what do you do when you hate life?

i have hated life so long i dont even know if i have EVER loved or at least liked life. including when i was a child. now i have children and find it hard to give them what they need emotionally even though they are the cutest smartest most loving kids ever. ive done everything you can ever think of to remedy this situation. from counseling to medicine from God to yoga. let the judging begin...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• You re evaluate the reasons why and fix them!

Answer by older at 8:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• All I have to say is Life is hard but you have to make the best of it and that God put us all here for a reason!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No judging here! Life is hard, you just have to learn to smile and try not to let things get to you! Be grateful you have amazing kids!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• you will transfer that negative energy right to your kids, so maybe you need to see that if you WERENt here hwo much peoples lives might be different. You need to watch "It's a Wonderful Life," without makign fun of it, liek get some popcorn, send everyone away, and sit there ans watch the whole dang thing. I cry at like four major spots in it. You will see that there woudl be a big scary hole in the patchwork of life if you were not here. if you were abused or neglected you need to go to a counselor. also you may relaly need to get on an antidepressant i am separated form a husband who sounded liek you and became abusive... he is now on an effector medicine that WORKS and sounds and acts liek a totally calm and rational and almost cheerful human being. dont let evil win by taking you over and keepign you down. you were created for goodness and you may be just one in the world, but to someone you may just BE the world.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No judging here. I'm actually starting therapy myself. (see my posting in health) I'm writing a journal about hardships and survival. I'm incorporating other lives. Right now, I'm struggling at work and school (performance) because of a man at work that I had an abortion two years ago that's just down the halL and PTSD and Dysthymia from real life. Yes, I cried at work today. (quitting is not an option & no slots open for transfer)
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry that you feel that way...sounds like you've tried everything...is it possible that the counselor you had just wasn't that good or that the meds you took weren't the right kind? Could you give it another try?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sometimes, being happy takes work. This may sound odd, but have you ever seen the movie Pollyanna? She plays something she calls "The Glad Game". She looks for something good in every situation.
    This takes practice and you often have to start with something small. Today, think of just ONE thing that you are glad for. Tomorrow, look for two. Allow yourself to really think about what you are glad for and feel good about it.
    Like I said, it takes practice, and you might have to post notes around your house to remind you to do this. But there really is something to the power of positive thinking.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Maybe you should read the book What On Earth Am I Here For? Its a great book and it will give you the reasons you are here. Maybe give you some kind of hope
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• There are no quick fix answers. There should be no judgments, we have all been there..maybe not to a severe degree.. but on some level we have all been there. One thing that I do suggest is that you get a group of really good friends/family and let them be your support also. Sometimes life can be hard and we just have to hunker down and wade through the chaos. But don't forget to focus on the good things. Your children and their smiles, the way they love you and want to hug you even when you are in your grubby clothes and no makeup.. and all the other things in your life that are worth smiling over..it wont make all the sad feelings go away, but it may take your focus off the unhappy for a little while. Praying for you and i am here if you need to vent/talk. Good luck!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 9:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Gosh, I don't even know what to say. I would hope nobody would judge you when you are obviously have a rough go of things. I don't have any advice for you but I you will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you find a solution to this!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010