Do your hands start to feel swollen when you are working out??

This happens to me every day, yes its been hot here, but still, I am staying very hydrated so I dont know what the deal is..my work outs right now are just 3 miles in 1 hr, so yeah im sweating and getting hot..does this happen to anyone else?

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Me. I'm in horrible shape, though lol. I'm sitting on my ass eating potato chips right now, no joke :p

Now I need to get up and exercise. Thanks for the motivation!

Anyway, I think it happens because blood flow increases to every part of the body with strenuous exercise. As long as it goes away I think it's totally normal and fine.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thanks Ati. Glad I could motivate you...dont think Im so high speed though im not, i am walking these 3 miles, at a 3mph rate...hahaha so..yeah..but yes it does go away, it just think its wierd that it only seems to happen in my hands. 0_0...
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It happens to me. Not all the time, but I agree, I chalk it up to increased blood flow.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It happens to me sometimes in warm weather. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It happens to me no matter if it's hot out or cold...my hands/fingers swell. I don't know the reason why...I've always just attributed it to internal temperature going up with the exercise. I'd be interested in finding out why though =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Lift your arms above your hear or your head and the swelling feeling should decrease for a while. You may have to do this several times during a work out.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yeap, it happens to me when I walk.... seems that the circulation & position of the body helps swallowing of the limbs!

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes it does:P
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 9:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Ah sometimes..
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2011