I feel so gulity taking time for myself, does it get any eaiser as she gets older?

Kelly2573

Asked by Kelly2573 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. My daughter is 2 1/2 and I wouldn't leave her for anything when she was a baby. Now I don't have a problem taking a walk or going to the store by myself to get a break. You are supposed to feel that way right now because babies need their mothers as much as they need food. But as they need you less, you need them less as well :) It gets easier. And then the terrible twos hit and you will want to run away as fast as you can sometimes :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thank you! I appreciate that !! Made me feel better :)
    Kelly2573

Comment by Kelly2573 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I am always the one who goes and does the grocery shopping and I also like to run out once a week or so to the mall for an hour or two. WELL...recently my 5 year old asked me if I like shopping more than playing with him. Talk about feeling guilty!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• ah geeze! That would hurt!
    Kelly2573

Comment by Kelly2573 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• we woman should never feel gulity for our self to tell the truth we woman don't spend enough time
    with all the cleaning,laundry,dishes ,shopping and cooking,chasing kids, ---------------------------
    so yes we need time for our self it recharger our batteries ,and 1hr or 2 will not hurt the family ,make them love you even more
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Glad I could help :)

In some cultures, babies are raised communally, and only spend about 50% of their time (including nighttime) with their parents. We are doing what we can to keep our sanity and our babies safe :) You're doing a good job, mamma :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The only time I get for myself is when my dd goes to bed at night.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, when they are in school full time. It's easier. For some reason, the guilt is less. I don't know why.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes. When I'm tempted to feel guilty, I remind myself that if I'm happy, I can be a better mommy. And when I see how much fun my LO has with his daddy, or his aunt, or with his toys, or his toes... I realize that he's okay without me for a little bit.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes, it does. I have a three year old, and he watches about an hour of cartoons in the morning and an hour before bed, and I get that time to myself, he also goes to preschool for four hours each day, and he likes to play by himself for a little while each day, it does get easier!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2010