How many books have you read that have been made into movies? Which were the best?

I've seen The Lovely Bones, The Notebook, Message in a Bottle (I think it was based on the book), A Walk to Remember, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, the Harry Potter movies, and probably a few more that I can't remember. I thought the Nicholas Sparks books to movies were the best.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• My fav and most true to the book that I have seen is Memoirs of a Geisha..Great book and Great movie..They did a spectacular job!
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Oh hell girl, hundreds probably! I've been reading books since I was a kid.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't think they ever get the movies right...harry potter may be the closest to the books though IMO
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Lord of the RIngs, The English Patient, My Left Foot, A Beautiful Mind, Gone With The Wind, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, A clockwork orange, Fahrenheit 451, Mysteries by authors, Jurassic Park, Eat Pray Love
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Hmm... I am a bookaholic, but haven't read too many that have become movies- mainly king books I think. Otherwise, not so much.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Tons, more than I could list. I enjoyed The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. The Harry Potter movies were good too. I generally enjoy the books more, but some movies made from books are alright.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I can say there is one movie I like better than the book....The Notebook. Not sure why I though the movie was better. Usually a movie doesn't compare to a book.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• a greenmile was almost exactly like the movie. i loved both. along came a spider, kiss the girls, a time to kill...another amazing book that was sooo much better then the movie. the notebook i liked the movie better. that was just my opinion though. i saw jane erye on broadway and i loved that book and the play. very dark book they did a great job putting that to music. i think there is a movie but never seen it. that is all i can remember right now but i am sure there are more.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Most of the time I am sorely disappointed in books that are made into movies, but I enjoyed Jurassic Park. Star Wars (all of them) were also very good.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was going to mention like canadianmom1974 The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. Those were the only 2 King book-to-movies that were worth a damn, and I've seen most of them.
    Another movie that stands out to me as being a disappointment in comparison to the book is The Cider House Rules. There was just no way to cram all the important details into a 2 hour movie.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010