Do you feel insecure with a man who is thinner than you?

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 8:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• It has been difficult being married to a man that can eat anything he wants and not gain a pound and me I just look at cake/candy or ice cream and I gain 10lbs FML

Answer by Darla47 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i know how you feel, my husband weighs less than i do and it sucks sometimes but he still thinks im pretty so it works :)

Answer by meagan678 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes. My husband weighs 50 ish pounds less than me, and is my same height (and he slouches, so he looks shorter). It makes me feel like a big, fat giant sometimes.

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes...I hated when my hubby was thinner than glad I finally lost the weight but now he has decided he wants to lose weight...wouldn't you know it, a week later he has already lost 10 annoying!!!!

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was curious after reading some of the other Q's. I'm not overweight, but my SO is thin as a rail (weighs less than 20 lbs more than I, and is 7-8 inches taller). I prefer men tall and lean. but from what I gather a lot of women feel insecure if their SO is smaller than they are... kinda wondering why that is. ?

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm with you. I'm trying to embrace hunger to not eat constantly.

I'm not insecure around thinner men. The men I refer to are rail thin. I don't want to be that thin.

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Oh yeah. I'm not very big anyway, so if a guy is thinner than me, I feel like I'm going to completely crush him or something.

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• LMAO @ BAT!!! That is how I felt when SO and I first started dating. I was afraid of breaking him!

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm a big girl and have usually preferred tall lean guys so I have almost always been the one to weigh more in my relationships. Trust me haven't crushed a one LOL

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think it's because of societal norms. We always see women being the smaller in their relationships and so, like Bat said, when we're not the smaller one, we feel like we will crush our partners, or that they won't find us attractive, or we feel too "masculine".

At least that's what it is for me. I try not to let society's view of "normal" size influence how I feel about myself, but sometimes it still gets to me.

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010