Does anyone have a SAHM to single mom financial success story?

I don't have any college and my experience is childcare and retail. I'm babysitting right now and I make decent money. But I rent a room and have very little left. I plan on starting online classes soon but that's going to take at least 2 years to accomplish anything. So I think the easiest way is to just find a man but at the same time I don't want a man. I want it to be just me and my little boy. Please no work at home ads. Unless you actually support yourself with it without a husband or boyfriends help. Oh I get CS but not much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• J.K. Rowling!!! :-) She's a billionaire just from writing books. And was a single mom.

I'm writing a journal about economic hardship and survival. I hope I make it. I worked as wohm, and I'm bust Let's Hi-five!

Here are other rags to riches SAHM moms
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was a SAHM. I did have a college education, but after so many years at home, I was having problems finding a job. I found one, but it was only paying about 20,000 a year. I only had one child and believe it or not, I made too much money for PA. I worked full time and I paid more for child care than I did for rent. When I left my ex, I had a car and no car payment, but two weeks after I left, I had a very bad car accident and totalled the car. I now had a car payment on top of everything else.

I took online courses and found another job that paid a little more. I then went back to school at night with my mom watching my son one night a week (I took two classes on that ONE night) and got another degree. I bargin shopped, and didn't buy myself any extras. Four years after I left my ex, I found my dream job. I have been teaching now for 4 years.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Try getting a job with a temp agency. Tell them you want temp-to-hire positions. You can build up some work experience and make some money while earning your degree.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2010