birth control question adult content

Ok, so this is my 1st time ever taking BC, and its still a little confusing to me. I started October 1st, and my period came right on time with the white pills. And lasted the whole week. Well, I got my perscription in late.. so Im not going to start them again til Friday. (doc's orders) but, me and my husband had 'in the moment' kind of sex last night. and didnt have a condom. So, since I havent taken any BC for a few days. Is there any chance I couldve gotten pregnant? Im kind of worried to start the BC again cause of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes you can.
    Especally since you just began taking BC. It takes 3-4 months to get regular and fully in your systen. Since you had sex last night I reccomend taking Plan B pills. DR can prescribe or u can get at planned parenthood or even just buy at a pharmacy.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 8:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Take the plan B immediately. I believe its 72hrs since the time of unprotected sex.. but the sooner the better.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sassy, what are you talking about? My drs have always told me to go through one whole cycle pack before having unprotected sex, not 3 or 4!!!

but i do agree, you can get pregnant since you got your rx in late...take the plan b pill if its been less than 72 hours since the incident.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It's been a few years since I've used BC but my doctor told me not to have unprotected sex until I was through my first month. Since you got your script late, I would be careful with this month too. I don't know about your chances of conception though,
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 9:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Get in immediately for Plan B if you are in no way interested in a possible pregnancy. Your local family planning clinic will be able to help you, but in some pharmacies it's available as long as you're 18 or older.

I always understood to get through the entire month of Birth Control pills before having unprotected sex. I agree withslowyourole above and would be careful with the upcoming month...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes!! your body may have been confused in the time you didn't take any bc in those few days which could result in hyperovulating. i would def. call your doctor before you take any more pills.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 10:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010