Do you eat again after vomiting while suffering morning sickness?

I eat lunch (usually something small) but lose it...would you try to eat again? My doctor said I shouldn't go 3 hours without eating something...but if I eat, then throw up...do I need to eat again? I think I'll be eating all the time!

C8Baxter

Asked by C8Baxter at 9:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes id eat crackers atleast
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I usually puke while or after brushing my teeth and feel horrible after that until I eat something. I would say eat something light. They say crackers are best. Ginger snaps work really well for me, Which ginger is good for nausea in general.
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 9:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was always hungry right after throwing up, it was a gross though but i would be instantly starving
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 9:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I always knew that I was going to get sick in the morning with whatever it was that I ate first so I would sip a glass of water and eat a few crackers until I got sick and then I would eat something a little more fulfilling but still light...I knew that later in the day I could eat no problem so I had bigger meals then. If you know when you are going to be sick try to plan around it if you can. Good luck momma, this will pass soon!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i've been having some horrible morning sickness this time. I try to eat some dry crackers or dry toast with some hot tea after I get sick. I just picked up a prescription for zofran tonight, if you are getting sick alot you might want to think about asking your doctor for something to help with it.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 9:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes sure did!!!
    deevega

Answer by deevega at 9:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My prenatal vitamins were making me extremely queasy about 1/2 hour after taking them. I was afraid I was going to vomit them up, so I started taking them right before bed. If I'm queasy in the middle of the night, I'll never know! 17+ weeks along, and not one bout of vomiting after changing the timing of my prenatal!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, almost every time afterward I'm starving, so I'll flat out eat a whole meal. It hasn't come back up....yet lol I'm 7 months along with my third.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010