Taking away the bottle?

with my first daughter i took her bottle the day after her 1st birthday. she didnt use a passy and for the life of me i cant remember how i would get her to bed without either. well my 2nd daughter is now 11 months and she uses a passy and a bottle to go to bed. i plan on taking the bottle away after her 1st birthday but since she uses it to fall asleep i dont know what im gonna do! anyone else have the same problem? what did you do to help them fall asleep without the bottle?

krysta.cole

Asked by krysta.cole at 9:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a special lovey blankie, doll or toy, you may have to go out and get one. i didnt stop the bottle right at one and i dont do that but i am just offering what i will do when i remove it. i remove it when the child begins to lose interest in it naturally and they arent required to right at one, so i'd get a nightlight in their room, and play soft mussic and you really need to READ to your child every night this sound and attentionand love just lulls them to sleep neither of my kids have had fighting bedtimes i hear of and shake my head... mayeb still allow the pacifier ok, and use a lot of praise, rewards and reinforcement but no cryign it out or harshness at one year old,....
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Try to just give it to her right before bed then stright to bed. I never gave DS a bottle or anything to drink when he was in bed so I never had to worry about breaking him of it.
    Anonymous

• You may have a few nights of screaming but it should stop after a few nights....but thats a pretty tough habit to break. Just stick to what your trying to do and dont give in...comfort her if needed but not a bottle. Good Luck
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well, IMHO the trick is making them REALLY tired before bedtime, have them in the sun amap during the day and PLAY,PLAY,PLAY! visually stimulate them amap, try a nice warm bath with some soothing scents like lavender, give them a rub down with some soothing lotion, feed them and then rock, or rock them while feeding, by the time they are doneeating they will be "Sleeping like a baby" Isn't that saying kinda funny for ppl like us. lol. I hope this helped.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2010