sick and wont sleep by herself

My 6 month old has a bad runny nose...my husband thinks she is sick but I say its teething since she has no other symptoms. She starts off going to sleep in her crib which I already elavated but 45 mins later wakes up and falls asleep on me but once I put her down she wakes up. I have a vaporizer and have used baby vicks rub and gave her a vapor bath. What else could I do?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I have a baby who is sick or teething nighttime parenting comes into full swing! You do what you need to do to help your LO be comfortable and sleep. That may mean baby sleeping with you, and/or you needing to get up with them frequently.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• When my daughter has a cold, I generally end up sleeping on the chair in our living room holding her. She uses a pacifier so she has a really hard time when her nose is runny. She usually has one, sometimes two, bad nights where I will hold her through the night. Probably not what you want to hear, but that's what I do.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yeah that's I did last night but I don't want her to get used to it.
    MelSwim7

Comment by MelSwim7 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You could try to elevate her head more. Or put her on her side. It worked for my daughter.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 9:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010