when you are the new person at a job, in a class, etc....

do you think people should introduce themselves to you or do you feel that you should introduce yourself to them? Do you find it rude if someone who has worked somewhere for "x" amount of time doesnt break the ice with you or does it not bother you at all?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• i think most peopel shoudl say hi to me as i am the new ant in a den of drones, also i dont knwo if people are in the middle of a project or thought and i dont want to go up to their offices or cubes and break into an introduction... also it is polite to welcome someone IN to the fold. also i just start conversation naturally and dont make it a forced intro if i do it myself which is occasional
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Depends on how big the company and how much turnover but overall, if you interact with this person at all, you should introduce if they haven't.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would expect the oldies to welcome me, yes.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think is should be up to the people who have worked there to reach out and make the initial contact, however if after a few days or a week they haven't I would introduce myself. Some people just aren't the types reach out to newcomers some may just be B*&ches and others may be waiting to see if you are friendly or outgoing enough to introduce yourself
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm usually intimidated and Awkward, so I don't tend to introduce myself. However, I don't expect anyone else to take the lead either. They're most likely feeling awkward as well. I think it should be whoever takes that first step on their own, but it isn't law that any one person has the be the first.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010