How many Cloth Diapers do I need to buy?

My babies tend to be on the large side, 8-9 lbs. So I'm going to skip buying the newborn sizes... Even if that means I use disposables for a week or two, I see no point to buy newborn sizes. But I honestly don't know how many is enough or how many is to many (although I know I can't really have to many)... So what's a good number?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ultimately it's going to depend on the age of the baby, and how often you plan to wash. A newborn you'll probably need at least a dozen a day, and less as they get older.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think 2 dozen is good. Lots of diapers are now adjustable "one size fits all" that you can use from about 8-35 lbs. (bum genius, fuzzi bunz and flip diapers all have a one size option)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think at least two packages of them are good..which is about 24 cloth diapers!! However depends on how often you want to do laundry too. If you do not do laundry all the time then maybe you might want to get more.
    deevega

Answer by deevega at 10:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I use flip diapers and i have six covers and 24 liners and they easily get me through 2-3 days. my son is 11 months old. and there adjustable as the baby grows. I really like them alot. but you right for the first few weeks a disposable might not be an awful idea.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have 14 diapers and wash every other day.. although I plan to get the large "live" package of grovia diapers (12 for 375$) when we have our next kid.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• ItI would say at least 10 per day, and you will be washing them when they get dirty, so really, I would say buy about 20 just incase. :)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2010