Bad Mom for not wanting to Breast-feed?

Well, I didn't breast-feed my first b/c it was an emergency situation and it didn't work out. This time I still don't think i want to breast- feed. I know all the benefits but I just don't think that's what i want to do.
Is this awful of me? My son is fine, will this baby be fine without breast milk too?

How many of you feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, I made a choice years ago, I mean years, too , to do what I wanted and that was bottle feed. Bottle feeding a baby does not mean it will be slow, does not mean it will be below average on things, it will get sick more, etc. I have 2 children whom both were National Honor Society members, Only one had a real bad medical emergency and that was appendicitis. They had regualr colds etc, but mostly after school started. You do what you want, do what makes you feel best.Who gives a flip about people like some of these Moms think.Your question was are you a bad mom for not wanting to breastfeed. You absolutely are not. The bad moms are the ones that only think what they believe/do is right.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• do not feel bad at all I didnt and my kids are just fine also yry Isomil is softer then similac good luck people please dont bash her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It's personal choice. Somtimes, even if you want to breast-feed, you can't. People should mind their own business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yes, I think it is bad. Why would you give your child FOURTH best when God gave you first best to give to him? Formula is, yes, FOURTH, best for your baby. Breastmilk from the breast is first, donated breastmilk from a milk bank is second, Homemade formula made with a goats milk base is third, and FINALLY, nasty, preservative filled mainstream formula is fourth. It is desgusting. Have you ever tried it? I would never feed a baby formula. We have been through it all. My daughter was 2 months early. I could even hold her untill she was 3 weeks old. But I pumped around the clock. Yes is was painful, but I wanted the best for my baby. I had mastitus, clogged ducts, and PPD, but I battled through.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• When she could finally nurse, she had ni[pple confusion. We've been through teething and biting. We struggled still, but now she is 10 months and healthy and still breastfeeding. I know the benefits and I want the best for my daughter. I am pregnant, and still continue to breastfeed even though it makes me sick to my stomach. I will let my daughter decide when she wants to ween and will nurse my baby I am carrying untill they want to stop as well. What really upsets me is that you know the benefits. You know it is best for your child and you still don't want to give your baby the best.
    navy-wife

• please navewife get over it its a free word I bet your baby never fell down and bumped her head or anything that happens in the real world like formula feeding

anon dont worry and let her upset you trust me she is not perfict she aint god
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I don't think you're a bad mom, but honestly I think people should at least give BF a shot if they can. Then they can make whatever decision they want because at least they've given it a try. But, that's just me.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• LoL Navy-wife, do you seriously have time for ALL the one, two, three stuff? My son is just fine and I do plan on formula feeding again, I actually have a life that doesnt not involved making my own formula! My goodness, that just seems silly. Lots of babies are on formula and are healthy as can be! I guess that's your opinion though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Breastfeeding is best, and if my son hadn't taken to my breasts I would have been seriously disappointed, but it is a personal choice. Only you can decide whether or not you want to BF. Some babies don't take to it, and it can tend to be painful till the baby learns to latch on correctly, but you may want to try it. Good luck, and just do what you feel is best for you and your baby.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I have 2 kids an never wanted to breast feed. They are 18 & 13 and doing fine.
    njt320

Answer by njt320 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2008