Hair color....

When your baby was born and if she/he had hair what color was it and was it high-lighted?

When my son was born he came out with a full head of hair and blond high-lights and tips. Is this normal?

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 9:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes..its completely 'normal'. babies' hair looks very different sometimes than what you'd expect. i've seen them born with what looked like a hotmess of roots..kinda funny looking, but..ain't no biggie. they tend to lose a lot of hair anyway, and it changes several times before it is 'for keeps'..sometimes years.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My dd was born with a ton of strawberry blond hair, it was really pretty long in the back but in the front it looked like she had a receding hairline lol. She didn't have any highlights, though. Now she has some variation, her hair lightened up quite a bit in the last few months.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Two of my daughters were born with really light blonde hair, and one was born with dark, almost black hair. Now they are all blondes, two are dirty blonde and one is strawberry blonde. No highlights though. (then, now they do)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my daughter had lots of brown hair, no highlights tho
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sometimes.. I know it's so wierd right!! My hubby was born with blonde hair, and you would NEVER guess that he has DARK brown hair now. I think alot of boys are born with blonde hair, and it changes in the first two years or so. The highlight thing is Very interesting, it sounds cool. Very neat!!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• DD had black hair at birth. Lost that, though. She is now 3 and has medium brown hair with blonde highlights. People ask if it is natural!!! Uh, no - I dye my 3 year old's hair - the same girl that pitches a fit when I move the brush within an inch of her head! LOL
    DS had brown hair with highlights at birth.
    07Mommy10

Answer by 07Mommy10 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My dd had dark brown hair now at 13mths has golden brown hair with what looks likes highlights, Which is funny to me & my fam bc we are all dark skinned, dark hair hispanics but shes a complete opposite! Light hair, light skinned & colored eyes, Go figure lol i got the good genes frm dh!
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My DS was born with a full head of black hair. In the sun it got a bit of a reddish cast to it (I'm a redhead), but it's still dark. My youngest sister, who is now a redhead, was born with blond hair. Then she started to get brown roots after a few weeks. After a couple months, it started to come in red. Somewhere, my mom has a picture of her "calico baby" - red roots, brown hair, blond tips.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My baby was born with black hair. But she lost it all, has been bald for over a year, and is now getting in some strawberry blond hair!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I really hope Iver does not loose his hair. I'm curious if it'll stay like this thought.
    OliviaW.

Comment by OliviaW. (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2010