So Former President Bush admits he directly ordered water boarding

Isn't that a crime?

Wasn't there denials from the WH in the past by Cheney?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He is going to be on NBC on Monday, in an interview with Matt Lauer. I wish I could stomach watching it, but in all honesty, the man (Bush, that is) makes me sick to my stomach for all that he did in his presidency, and yet tries to come off as a "good ole boy" who was just perteckting 'Merica. He and his administration took the rule book and threw it out the window. They made up the rules as they went along, and damned anyone who disagreed with the legality of their actions. I'm not at all surprised that he would finally admit to it--little, if anything would be done about it, and I'm definitely not surprised that he's unapologetic.  He should have been impeached for his crimes.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Newsflash.
    Bush aint goin to prison.
    It's over...Move on dude.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Bush isn't going to prison,
    ____________________
    But this doesn't bother you? He broke the law! It is not some long-past old news, he was just jabbering about it!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• admits is hardly apt, try boasts. it's repugnant.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I must be lost...I thought it was the CURRENT EVENTS section.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• What is wrong with some of you? We just had a very heated post about this sort of thing. I'd love to go back to it and quote you all. "I only attack when I've been attacked first". Bullshit. Some of you are worse than the brattiest of five year olds. I can't believe that you have driver's licenses and are raising families. Calling names? Character assasinations? The OP asked a question. If you disagree, say you disagree, give your points, debate. Calling her a "cry baby"? Seriously? "Wow, some of you libs are just dumber than shit."??"Sweet, The torture you put us through on CM everyday is far worse and more harmful then water boarding." "EXACTLY natesmom, The ignorance is astounding isn't it."

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• He broke Geneva convention laws. He should be punished for what he did.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's not a crime when the president does it. (Nixon)
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Aw sweet, I am totally with you here. Be prepared for the multitude of "he's not president anymore, you are obsessed" answers. In my opinion he should be tried for war crimes, but there are enough people who agree with this practice that it would never happen.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You know what? It is what it is. There isn't going to be any "punishment" for it so I'm not going to spend too much time worrying about it. I'd rather worry about putting food on the table and a roof over our heads right now, everything else is just clutter for my mind. I know there are or will be things that Obama has done or will do that are illegal, I'm not going to worry about those either. The president tends to enjoy a certain immunity to certain things, unfortunately. Such is life, and life will go on.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010