Birth control debate

The hot topic now is about birth control. Some say it should be considered like meds but others say that having children is a life choice so why? My opinion is that it is not the best way to look at it period. There a free and low cost birth control now but a lot of young women are not even considering them. I think the bigger issue is women having child after child and neither them or their mates are being responsible for taking care of them. I feel that there should be a limit to having children that the tax payers are paying for. I feel you can have all the children you want if the expense is coming out of your own pocket. What is your thoughts?

Cheveyo1

Asked by Cheveyo1 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I side on personal responsibility. We (the American people) had nothing to do with getting these women pregnant and we should not be forced to pick up the tab. With that said, obviously children need care. Therefore I think mothers and dead beat fathers ought to be forced to do community work.. like picking up trash (which I do for nothing simply because someone has to care enough to do it). Same goes for these kids losing school funding for sports.. pick up trash.. then get funding. In otherwords, earn it. That's the American way and it's the way our forefathers survived.
    BabiesMe

Answer by BabiesMe at 11:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• There should never be a limit on how many children you can have (though I do think some people should not have them at all). I believe that putting a cap on public assistance is a better solution to the problem. If there isn't a limit, then there will still be people popping out as many kids as welfare will provide for.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If a man is capable to work and show his proof , ...he is a good worker. If he can prove his actions in life by his job and "save or invest" in business, as a hard saver, and shows he's serious enough to evolve his finances and keep cash flowing all the time, with no gaps. He is a business minded hard working saver. Than perhaps the wife would stand a chance at having a huge family together. until that happens it doesn't seem good to keep having many children.
    This world certainly needs good workers and less women popping out one child after another. Their is work it's right outside the door.
    Anonymous

• I feel where you're coming from. My hubby and I support our children and I don't feel like I should be paying for other people who abuse the system, don't bother working/looking for work, and continually pop out child after child so their benefits increase. I understand people fall on hard times and need assistance sometimes, especially working folks who pay into it, but those women with like 3+ 'baby daddies' and no work experience, well, birth control should be something that they should be required to be on.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I can agree somewhat. I am not comfortable sterilizing people against their will. I am more about reducing the fraud! I do think that if you are going to have children, you should actually be able to support them.  Women should not be sahm's while on welfare, every able body adult should be working. 

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with you
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• rhianna1708
    That is exactly the point I am making. I never said that anyone should limit the amount of children someone can or can not have I am saying that we taxpaying, hard working people should not have to foot the bill for those having three, four, six babies and collecting public assistance. I work, damn hard and I took care of my two children why should I take care that many that someone else is having?
    Cheveyo1

Comment by Cheveyo1 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Mom2just1...i agree somewhat, but wiith the cost of childcare, how can some families afford to have both parents working? Seriously, good childcare is about $600 per child per month.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2010