Twin boys, 2nd birthday....in January?????

I want to do something fun and creative for my boys' 2nd birthday, but I'm kinda getting bummed because I live in IL and it's FREEZING here in the middle of January.....
Does anyone have any creative/fun and CHEAP ideas for a 2nd birthday party in dead winter? lol I'm getting discouraged! Thanks!

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 10:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not sure where in IL you are located but Monkey Joes is awesome my 16 month old son and nephew LOVE the place!!! http://www.monkeyjoes.com/
    amygoetsch

Answer by amygoetsch at 12:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i don't know how cheap you want or need it to be. but they do rent the ymca here for parties.. not sure if its good for 2nd birthday party but its an idea. my daughter is in march and i understand. its cold here too. its tough with winter babies. sledding party? iceskating? that age is tough. sometimes just renting out a room at a local library and having a story time birthday party . is it mostly family or there alot of kids involved? good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well have it inside a big place with lots of balloons babies love them and make it colorful they will enjoy that also for my sons birthday I bough a mall cake just for him to eat so you can buy 2 small cakes and let them go at it and get as messy as they want they would love it my son did.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010