What can I do about a 12mo terror?

I have 2 sons 3yrs and 12mo.
I picked them up from daycare yesterday and the lady said "Aidan is so good and Sawyer is a terror to the other kids". My boys like to play rough and now my youngest likes to play rough with all the little kids his age and younger. What can I do to discourage this behavior? TIA

BJN2in10

Asked by BJN2in10 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop the rough play at home! You can't expect a one year old to understand when he can play rough and when he can't. So, just stop the rough play at home. This way you can teach him how to play nice, and tell your three year old you need his help to teach his little brother how to play nice.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Stop playing rough at home. And I would be on that teacher for saying my BABY is a terror. That is unprofessional.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with MamaAlice. You cannot expect a 12 month old to distinguish between when he can and cant rough play. If you want to know how to stop it, its easy. dont let him rough play, PERIOD. You are encouraging this behavior by allowing it around the house.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• you really need to teach him the differance from playing at home and school... your 3 yr old knows... but at 12 it doesn't triger to them that it's bad.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010