how do i get my other two to take a nap

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can you elaborate on that some?
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• lay them down and tell them not to get up or they will be in trouble and if they still get up you have to keep your word and punish them they will get the point after a while.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You don't. If they aren't tired, you cannot force them to take a nap. Do not threaten, do not punish. Not every child needs to nap. Let them just lay down and watch a movie, some kids only need downtime and not a nap.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My 2 yo has been trying to get ride of naps for 6 months now. But she is sooo cranky, I am holding on as long as I can. So I get her all ready for nap time; have her go potty, read to her, then sing her a song while scratching her back. Then I sit in the room till she falls asleep, I read or lay there, and ignore her. It was only taking 10 min. But now it is taking longer and longer, I think she is getting really close to not needing them anymore. Especially since when she does nap she stays up late like over an hour playing in her dark room. So I am going for a nap a few times a week now.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010