how can I remove pet urine stains from my furniture?

my sons dog pee'd on my sofa, love seat & ottoman, it's been a long time & they almost look like they are discolored more than stained. Any ideas?

1Qtmama23kids

Asked by 1Qtmama23kids at 9:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Home & Garden

• If it's just a stain, not discolored, find someone who uses Melaleuca products and ask to use some PreSpot and SoluMel. The PreSpot is awesome for removing stains. Have used it for pet accidents many times! The Solumel will give an added booste if needed...use diluted first. If not strong enough you can use full strength too. But it will also get rid of any oders for you. It is a must have in any house with children pets or husbands! It is a great stain remover for things like nail polish, permanent marker or grease. Good luck!
    Linda
    lradant

Answer by lradant at 10:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• any enzyme cleaner can remove the urine. it will take out visible stains, and literaly consume the urine. the enzymes eat organic material. I like the Biokleen. you can get it at most organic or health food seciotns. no need to mail order or getinvolved with any direct sales stuff. the enzyme cleaner from Biokleen is called Bac-Out. they have a store locater here, altho I've found the product even at plaes not listed - http://biokleenhome.com/
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• get some urine be gone. you will have to get it online try at anamal plant.com
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I had to have a professional cleaner come in... but it was cat urine and I know that's VERY different. I don't know. I'm sorry.
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 11:38 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Thanks! I'll give these things a try!
    1Qtmama23kids

Answer by 1Qtmama23kids at 1:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2008