My potty trained 3 year old is regressing!!

My daughter will be 4 in January. She was potty trained during the day by 2 and 1/2 and has been potty trained 100% for about 5 months now. All of the sudden out of no where she has started wetting the bed AND also during the day I notice she has a different pair of panties and pants on than she did a couple minutes before. She would pee her panties, change out of them, and hide them in her room somewhere!! I don't know why she is starting to do this all of the sudden but it's so disappointing =( We havent changed a thing as far as her schedule or what she has before bedtime. Any ideas?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Perhaps sitting down with her and tell her that it's OK to have accidents and that she can come to you if she has one, and won't get into trouble. Kids are funny like that, it might just be that she feels like a big girl now and that she doesn't want to feel like she has let you down because she had an accident. If it continues, you might consider taking her to an ear, nose and throat doctor...sounds weird I know, but children have been known to regress if their adenoids are too large and need to be taken out. Adenoids are near the tonsils. I used to work in an ENT clinic, so I've seen this a lot. Good luck!
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with Gumby. Have you tried talking to her?
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Also kids regress because of stress. RIght now my daughter has gone back to accidents due to Daddy working graves and me telling her she can't be yelling upstairs.
    I hate to bring this up, but if a child has been molested they have a tendency to wet themselves. Just something to keep in mind. Not saying that is the only reason by any means kids do it for all sorts of reasons. And this is probably the least likely.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010