how do you feel about cosleeping with ur child.

i have done tons of research and i feel that cosleeping has great benefits for both mom and baby... what i wanna kno is how do you feel about cosleeping?? i am pregnant with my first, so i wanna kno if someone who has kids have tried.

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• well, my second son is 1 1/2yrs old and still sleeps with either me and my SO or his big brother if that tells you anything....and yes, he does take naps on his own just fine.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I've been co-sleeping with my now 8 months old since the day he was born.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My babies slept in a bassinet right next to my bed when they were newborn. Then when they were a few months old, I would put them to sleep in their own beds. But when they woke up during the night, I would bring them to my bed. This worked great for us.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• well, my second son is 1 1/2yrs old and still sleeps with either me and my SO or his big brother if that tells you anything....and yes, he does take naps on his own just fine.....

were there any benefits to it? like was breastfeeding easier, or did you get more sleep, or are you your baby and so closer because of cosleeping, etc.?
    1sttimemom2011

Comment by 1sttimemom2011 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We never co-slept, and never will. We kept them in a bassinet next to the bed for the first 3 months, then into the crib in their own room. When they would wake, we would get them, bring them to bed and feed them, then take them back into their crib. We've had no problems since in regards to getting them to sleep through the night. They get used to it.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• when my son was first born, i put him in crib sometimes, because he was premature and SO little, or i would sleep with him on my chest on my recliner since he was up every hour and a half or so anyway. once he got alittle bigger and i was comfortable with the fact that i was a light sleeper, and that his cry woke me up almost immediatley, we started cosleeping every night in my bed and we have been ever since. he is 17 months old now. i love it. it has always made him sleep longer and better, and i always felt safer knowing he is right next to me. now i just love to cuddle and have him in bed with me and he still goes to sleep easier and sleeps better in bed with me. when he was littler, i put a barrier of pillows on the side of the bed so he could not fall off, and pillows on the floor incase he did. also, my SO works overnight so that is not a problem for us unless its his night off. but i plan on getting a king size
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• bed anyway so that all three of us can sleep together. if my baby doesnt want to sleep alone, he doesnt have too & i never did either. my mom was a single mom and i slept in her bed on and off until i was 10 & we are best friends now.
    PURPULbutterfly

• Breastfeeding was SOOOOOOOOOO muche easier! I was a hard and fast anti-co-sleeper, till my son's 2nd night. We had a hard time getting him in his own bed at a year and a half, but he's three now, and he does just fine in his bed. I loved it, and if I ever have another, I plan on doing it then too. There were a few times I woke up and he wasn't breathing. If we hadn't been co-sleeping, I'm convinced he wouldn't have made it.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I got WAY more sleep co-sleeping, I have two older boys who I did not co-sleep with and I wish I would have! Also, there is a reduced risk of SIDs with co-sleeping.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I co-slept with all four of my kids. I loved it! It was convenient for breastfeeding, it helped create a closer bond between us (I think), and I helped me to feel reassured that my child was ok. I am very close to all of my kids, and some of it may have to do with co-sleeping. It worked for me, but I know it's not for everyone. Part of the reason I did it was because my dh worked nights, and I wanted my babies with me at night.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010