How can I connect with more Work at Home Moms to help eachother and to swap ideas?

I'm new to Cafe mom and I'm still setting up my profile. I just started selling Avon and would love advice on how to maximize my success. Thanks for any ideas you can shoot my way! :)

NidiaC

Asked by NidiaC at 10:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• ....CONT.....came out I displayed him with him telling the story over and over and each show I sold at least a dozen, one show I sold over 25 bears!

You can always have a small free gift (such as a lip balm, i literally had hundreds of them) with your customers larger orders and you have to be consistant with giving any previous customer a brochure and call at least every other campaign. You can host pamper parties or classes, have open houses with things on display....your DM can let you borrow demos if you can't afford them.

Good Luck, i no longer sell Avon, but consistancy is the key
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• well, you sure are in the right place for that- Join some groups. I am pretty sure there is an Avon one/.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Host an event locally for WAHM that have their own businesses. Have them all chip in on the cost of the place and have a huge party!
    cesarpup

Answer by cesarpup at 10:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm a WAHM.. I tried selling Avon, but it didn't work for me. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help.

Erika
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• There are a few Avon rep groups, and even more if you go to yahoo groups. I sold Avon for years and even had a few of my tips published in the newsletter.

My best advice is to spend the money in buying a LOT of brochures. I would get 200-500 EACH campaign and take them door to door and leave at area businesses (such as salons and laundry mats)! But I also would get a seasonal sticker at the dollar store (like turkeys or christmas trees) and put one on each brochure towards the back (about 4 pages in from the last page)! Then I would put a address label on the front cover saying: "Find a TURKEY sticker in this brochure and get a FREE gift with your order of $10 or more"

It helped encourage new people to call and buy, the gifts I bought during my first few campaigns when all beauty (non starred items) are 50% commission: lip balms, mini lotions, shower gels, etc so I only spend $1 or less on each. ....CONT>>>>
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• CONT...I also bought car window decals off ebay. It said AVON in glitter pink and in white said "Call me for a free brochure & samples" then had my phone number. I had people calling me from their cars, and even a few people knocking on my window at red lights.

I also had a lawn sign from vistaprint.com saying: I Sell AVON. Call me for a FREE brochure & samples (123) 456-7890

And I would have t-shirts saying the similiar: I Sell Avon ASK me for a FREE brochure & sample. A photo tote bag with a brochure in it, the whole I sell Avon, again and pictures and samples in every pocket. So, even on days when I didn't want to walk up to people they could walk up to me.....

I've done craft shows with baskets filled with $1 stocking stuffers and one or two of the Holiday decor items on display, playing their music and lit up. When the animated teddy bear that tells the entire "Twas the Night Before Christmas".....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2010