What are your fave money saving tips?

I am on a serious budget right now and need all the hlpe I can get! Clip coupons....turn off lights.....no eating out......I got all that.
What are some of your not-so-popular and very creative budget friendly tips for eating, cooking, entertainment...well...EVERYTHING?!?

cesarpup

Asked by cesarpup at 10:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• We cut cable, we don't have cell phones, and we shop at Aldi for groceries.We don't buy name brand food and we don't buy anything that isn't necessary. Hubby lost his job about 3 months ago. Take the kids out to the park for cheap entertainment, try to find a babysitter who won't charge you or who you can trade sitting with.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Cloth diapering (I'm diapering 3 kids on $150), reusable feminine products (cloth pads, or menstrual cup like the Diva Cup), make your own laundry detergent (message me for the recipe I use if you want)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The local library is my favorite haunt. Not only is internet free, but so are nightly "rentals" of DVDs!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was going to say Library. If you have a walmart and dont mind shopping there they do ad matches on any other ad that week.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I love Aldis.
    Any recipes are appreciated too!!!!!!
    cesarpup

Comment by cesarpup (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• For meal planning: http://www.e-mealz.com  They have free sample menus you can check out =)

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• To save on groceries - go vegetarian most nights of the week. Or if you need the meat, add half the amount and sub in beans. For entertainment - pick up your local Free parents paper and check out the calendar. Where I live it lists tons of free activities...pack a pb&j and you've got a free day out!
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 9:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Don't spend more than you make. Don't buy anything you don't need. Take advantage of sales and use coupons. Pay attention to how much you're paying per pound or onze. Comparison shop.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• See if you qualify for food stamps it is a hassle but it will help to pad the grocery supplies. Also check the local rec. center. There is usually free or low cost activities.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010