Took a three-day treatment for yeast infection, and I'm STILL itching!! adult content

I bought an over-the-counter yeast infection kit, and thought that would be the end of the infection. But now my vulva is itching so bad and I want to scratch it!! Should I do to the doctor, or should I just try another yeast infection kit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• Most of those kits come with an external itch cream, have you tried using that some more? Maybe seeing your doctor would be the best thing, since they'll be able to tell if the infection is gone or not.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I always do the 7 day. Seem to work better
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• To be perfectly honest, it may NOT be a yeast infection, but rather vaginitis, a bacterial infection. See your MD...I am an RN and I see a lot of women who treat themselves for a yeast infection when in fact it is vaginitis... Symptoms are very similar...
    STEVESBELLA4EVR

Answer by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 11:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'd see a doctor just to be on the safe side.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sometimes you can misdiagnose what is actually going on down there. They do offer ph tests that can tell you, but if it hasn't cleared up yet you might want to consider going ahead and making an appt. with your dr.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If the over the counter yeast medicine didn't treat it you need to see your doctor to find out what it is. You shouldn't still be itchy unless you are still on antibiotics that cause the yeast infection to begin with. If you are on antibiotics it could still be an yeast infection.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 5:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• try going to the doctor. Are you positive it was a yeast infection? I only ask b/c I thought I had one once & it was actually a sudden allergic reaction.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010