i dont know if it roaches?!

every night i see one, or one in the morning. i have never seen more than that at a time. if its the morning the one bug i see is dead usually. how do i know if its a roach. if it is would there be a lot of them. what can i do to get rid of them? we live in an old house, and i'm pretty sure they are under the baseboards near our laundry room. there are a lot of cracks at the base in there. ugh, im so disgusted!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Sprinkle boric acid around all baseboards and doors.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The house I just moved into has been empty for a while my first day was full of HUGE wolf spiders and random roach/water bugs....they were bigger than anything I have seen. I sprayed the house before we got the keys and again after...I also bought some borax but havent sprinkled it around yet....Mine are always dead too but the fact they come in at all is a bit much!!! I would agree with the above, Ive heard borax works..google it and see what you find. I used Bug stop which works for spiders ants and all kinds of crap!! Good Luck
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you aren't sure if it's a roach, do a Google Image search about bugs and insects in your area. When you figure out what it is, Google ways to kill it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Go here to look at pictures of roaches. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockroach That should give you a lot of the information you need.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 7:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010