Can I vent???

My SO of 15 months just told me that although I am NOTHING like his ex, if we were to get married, then get divorced I am so much smarter than his ex that I would chew him up and spit him out!!! I became livid!!! We had been snuggling in bed when he said this and I snatched away from him and said "Put yourself in my shoes if I were to say that to you, how would you feel" He said yes I know it sounded horrible, so I told him Yes it is the worst thing he has ever said to me, bar none. And I got up and left the bedroom. He hasnt come out here to see me and sort it out, he is probably asleep. I am so very upset!!!

STEVESBELLA4EVR

Asked by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 11:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't understand.......I would take that as a compliment myself.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• WHAT??? A compliment...he is telling me that I would destroy him in a divorce...like I would EVER do that to him in the first place..no it wasn't a compliment, he was telling me that he is afraid to marry me cause if we split, I would destroy him.
    STEVESBELLA4EVR

Comment by STEVESBELLA4EVR (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would take that as him saying your way smarter than his ex and that's what he likes about you , don't be to hard on him . Maybe he just didn't know how to word it.
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 11:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• id take that as a good thing too, just tell him it hurt you how he worded it and say sorry for freaking out. at least that's what i would do. good luck
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I still don't understand....... did he say the words you put in the body of the question or did he say he was "afraid to marry"? The wording makes a big difference to me is all I am saying.
    Or, is it possible that you are reading in to his words?
    I hate when I say something and someone recites it back to me in a different way, I say exactly what I mean. Maybe that is what he was doing. ODK.....I'm sorry, I did not intend to upset u.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• IDK i don't know is what i meant.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My husband always jokes that i would take him for all he is worth....only the joke is on him because if we were to divorce and it was because of something he did then i would take him to the cleaners. next time he says that or brings it up just say damn skippy thats why you need to make sure im always happy and stop making silly comments! and pat his head! men are dumb and really dont understand that they alway say the wrong thing. also you know now that he thinks your smart so dont sweat it and if he is sleeping wake his ass up! if i cant sleep then no one will!
    bethann9988

Answer by bethann9988 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think it was his dumbass way of paying you a compliment. I think you're making too much of this, it doesn't sound like he was trying to hurt your feelings.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Did this just come out of nowhere? I don't blame you a bit, just for that, I wouldn't marry him. If someone had made that comment to me I think I would have told them that, "Why are you even thinking about divorce considering we're not even married yet? It doesn't sound like you want to be married, so why should we?"
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Okay I can see how you maybe got offended. But personally from an outside perspective..look at it like, hes a guy and doesnt know how to word things well. So you could chew him up and spit him out. Your smart and you know how to handle yourself obviously. Try to look at it positively....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2010