MAC makeup question....

If I were to go to the department store and purchase some MAC makeup... how expensive is it? I just checked out eyeshadow palettes online and they are 49.00 for a custom palette of eyeshadow.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 11:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• mac is super expensive.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 11:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• you can go in an buy the eyeshadows w/out buying the "pallet" that they go into, because you are paying for that too, an empty piece of plastic...so if you buy them with out that it may be cheaper...how many shadows are you looking to buy? They are expensive, but they last long, as in, you prob wont need to buy that color again for a good 6 months or more(And i wear their make up everyday). I think its worth the money.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I buy the eyeliner, it runs about 17.50, powder about 22.95, I think the foundation powder was 26.95?? I love it and to me, it's worth it. I do know that you can buy the eye shadow pallets individually. I like their recyle program as well. For every 6 items you bring back in, you get either a lipstick or eyeshadow for free. I've done this several times. In fact, I think the choices are better at the MAC store.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Its a little pricey BUT its worth it. Their eyeshadows are super pigmented and I apply them on top of MACs paint pot which is like a primer and it lasts me all day and night. Their make up stays on me even under the hot lights on stage and thats saying something!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• check out www.marketamerica.com/johnsoninc and check out the motives cosmetics there and you can compare. they have customized foundation and mineral products they also good if you have sensative skin. i love it
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010