How do I get my husband to interact more with our boys, 2yrs and 1 yr?

2bumblebees

Asked by 2bumblebees at 11:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Leave him alone with them. I'm not really sure my husband has always wanted to go crazy with our boys.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 11:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Let him take them to do guy things, like getting excited to making something simple with daddy, such as going to Home Depot for step stool kit, even if it's clipping it together or gluing. A police and fire station station visit, sounding alarms. Going to the museum that's hands on fun for the kids too. My daughter used to go all of the time, and played with sand, crafts, etc. He could buy a car, plane kit to glue together that he might enjoy as well too. Hang it up in their room so he can look at, and the kids can enjoy it as well, remembering the time with daddy. They now have a railroad you can put in the playroom that the kids can ride on, and the guys like to tinker with too. Soon he'll hopefully see them enjoying what he had part in making for them, and spend more time. Good luck! Have a blessed day!
    tinanichols

Answer by tinanichols at 1:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• if you have to, say you have to run out for a few. whether it's just to put the trash out, take your time, jump in the shower or run to the store. leave them alone with him. after awhile he'll get adjusted. my dh isn't good with lil ones. he's too nervous. when they are 2 he was better, when my oldest turned 4 he was great.
    sleepymamaof3

Answer by sleepymamaof3 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2010