my 25 pound baby

i have been told by some friends that ist really bad for me to carry my 20 month old son now that im pregnat? should i stop carrying him ? i do nt carry him all the time just here and there?? thankssss

eternaldeamer

Asked by eternaldeamer at 10:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think only if your doctor has told you not to carry him. If you havent heard it from your doc then I wouldnt worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well, even if the doctor didnt tell you that... the limit a pregnant women should carry and lift is 25 lbs. So your son is pretty close, I would limit it as much as possible. My son is 30lbs and I put him in his car-seat and the cart at the store but that's about it. I don't want to risk it so i try to follow it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• as long as you have a healthy pg you are fine. I carried my 35 pound son around pg with no issues. it's not like you aren't conditioned to carry him already.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Unless your doc said not to, you'll be fine. My babies are 18mo apart and when I was prego, everyone told me I shouldn't carry around my son. But I didn't listen, I even had to carry him up and down stairs and you know what? I had a healthy 9lb baby that was perfectly fine! My son was about 24lbs when I was prego.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I was always told that as long as I was comfortable, I was fine. If you start feeling pains, it's definitely time to put your big guy down! He should be walking now, but I know it's hard to actually get them to do it, lol. My son is almost 27 months and won't let me pick him up anymore unless he's tired.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It's safe as long as you don't have any restrictions on you. I've had a lot of pain during this pregnancy, so I was advised by my doctor not to carry my 34 pound 2 year old...at least it helped get her off my hip! Hehe. As long as you're comfy carrying her then all should be fine!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My mom said i shouldnt carry my 2 year old, she is 30 lbs,
    i still do once in awhile,
    but not alot, the doc has not said a word to me, but i will ask him the risks,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Ask your doctor... only if they have set a weight limit for you would you be unable to lift your baby you have grown accustomed to carrying.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:35 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I was always told it's ok as long as they are kicking and having a fit . they usually support alot of their own weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My doctor told me that my body would tell me what my limits were. If you can still carry him comfortably without pain, then you're fine. If you're worried though, you can always ask your doctor.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2008