Anyone go to the hosptial with no idea what to name their baby?

hubby & I havent settled on a name for a boy. we didnt find out what we were having. We have a few girls name to chose from if it is a she; but not one boy name. I cant think of any I really like. We went in with a list of 5 for our first but I have nothing for this one. Cant remember the names from our first to use one of those.

My_o_me_x_3

Asked by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Baby Names

• No, I had my daughter's name picked out for years before I even conceived her! I do know of some people who just have a bunch of names that they like and wait to name their kid after they see him/her, depending on what name fits them best.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We chose to have a surprise with our first child. We managed to narrow down possible girl names to two, but we couldn't agree on a boy name. When we went to the hospital (at 41 weeks), we still hadn't found any boy names we liked and brought our baby name book to help us out. Luckily, we had a girl.

With our second child, we knew we were having a boy, so my husband and I made separate lists of names that we liked. For some reason, my husband didn't want to discuss names before the baby was born. So, we went to the hospital with our lists, and compared them after our son was born. Luckily, my favorite name happened to be on his list and that was the name we chose.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 3:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yup, that was me! I went in at 33 weeks, he was born at 36 and he didn't get his name until noon the following day. And it was a name I'd never heard before! We didn't even have a list! I kinda' didn't want to name him as soon as he was born, anyway, wanted to get to know him a little first, so it worked out fine for me.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My friend shannon, name both her children when she first saw them :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• With some kids you have to meet them first. We didn't decide what to name our DS until I had to hand in the papers before leaving the hospital. We were still coming up with names. Finally, we found one that "fit" and I was able to convince daddy...
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 12:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had a name for my first two and stuck with them, but my 3rd when she was born I decided I didn't like the name anymore....but the name I came up with for her while bf-ing 2 hours after birth suits her so well...i was watching an interview on t.v. with keith urban...the interviewer asked him what kind of girl he liked, maryanne or ginger ? and i said outloud, oooh, "I so hope you're a maryanne and not a ginger!" and sooooo maryanne it was ! lol (for those of you who don't know what i'm talking about those were two characters from an old show called gilligan's island...maryanne was "the girl next door" type and ginger was a model/actress
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my twin nephews were named baby a and baby b until about 2 weeks of their lives... dont stress over it.. im sure once the babys arrived you will know in your heart, his/her name....
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 11:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We had a few we like but werent really sure about. The day he was born, we both decided he looked like a 'Brycen' lol and put together Brycen Tyler, two of the names we had liked. We're currently planning our 2nd, and here are some boys names we like, feel free to steal them lol, it may be awhile before we actuallt conceive anyways, so we'll probably have different nmes by then :P
    Caden Tate
    Owen Michael
    Braylen
    Dylan
    Bentley
    Rian Cole
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It was a girl & we named her Layla Rose
    My_o_me_x_3

Comment by My_o_me_x_3 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010