I was wondering if anyone has a toddler that doesn't pee as much as usual?!?

My 28 month old son has not peed as much as he usually does. I normally have a full diaper waiting for me all the time. But I have noticed the past few days he isnt going like usual. I check his diaper through out the day and it seems to be dry with just a little pee in it (he had the diaper on for about 5 hrs). He is drinking like he normally does. I ask him if he needs to potty and he says no. So I just was wondering if it's a toddler thing. Thanks for the advice :)

KatyK217

Asked by KatyK217 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like he's a touch dehydrated, just mix 1/2 Pedialite, and 1/2 Gatorade. Let him drink this mixture 2-3 times a day, and it'll make a dramatic difference. I had a little girl in my in home daycare that I noticed this same condition, I recommended this, and she gave more frequent diapers. Hope it helps your little angel! Have a blessed day!
    tinanichols

Answer by tinanichols at 12:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well, they do say that the urinating really slows down around that age.. Maybe that all it is. Unless the little guy is like my nephew, my sis was trying to potty train him and apperently he had seen another man peeing, so he would secretly go pull his pants down and pee in a corner somewhere, boy that was a BAD habbit to break. She really had her hands full, I hope that is not whats going on with you tho!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I noticed my son started peeing less and peeing more at certain times at this age. He was beginning to hold his urine longer. We started potty training.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 1:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010