Any one think that the.....

McRib at McDonalds is worth $2.59-$2.99 a sandwich?

I swear you can get the same thing for $1.00 from Banquets one BBQ pork rib dinner.

OK, you won't get a bun, or the same sauce, but the meat reminds me of a Mc Rib.

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 11:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I can order the exact same "meat" patty from our food coop. A Mr Rib patty is a Mr Rib patty, some just come with different seasonings and/or sauces already on them. McD's is a McNasty. The ones I have in my freezer aren't bad - they have just a hint of smoky seasoning to them, we grill them, and put our own bbq sauce on them - not a favorite, but a helluva lot better than the McNasty or Banquet versions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• The McRib is the ninth circle of Hell on a bun. For the life of me, I don't understand why there are actual devotees of that particular ultranasty comestible. I bet starving coyotes wouldn't eat one.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have never had one. I've looked at the signs my whole life and kept thinking, maybe I will try it this time around. I remember when Chicken McNuggets first came out (yes I am that old) and my parents said the barbecue sauce tasted like McRib sauce.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have no clue, I've never had one.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think it's disgusting.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• never had one but they sound gross!
    mindi6103

Answer by mindi6103 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010